Preparation for attractive professional fields
Soundly acquired knowledge and new combinable skills (analytical and conceptual skills, instrumental knowledge) and the practised basic approach (market orientation and responsible action in practice) are an indispensable necessity for success in the world of work that is changing ever more rapidly.
Future developments for professional profiles in marketing will be:
• the increasing significance of digital competencies;
• analytical competencies, such as advanced analytics;
• “contentual” competencies, such as storytelling;
• the ability to think and work in a solution-oriented manner;
• involvement in transformation processes (in cooperation with other departments, introducing the customers’ viewpoint);
• marketing-strategic support – working out concepts and positionings for (business model) innovations;
• managerial assessment of innovative marketing approaches and evaluation of their contribution towards corporate success.
The MSC/MiMM focuses on customer value, the benefit for customers and the benefit for the company through customers. This strong focus on customers in all lectures and projects, and thus from diverse perspectives, leads to an extensive perception of customers which helps me to make the right decisions every day in my activities as a product manager in the foodstuffs industry.
Product Manager, Pasta and Durable Convenience, Hilcona AG
With its well-balanced course concept, the MSC/MiMM provided me with the fundamentals in the fields of marketing and branding, on the one hand, while on the other hand, I was able to gather practical experience in the context of an application project, which has helped me enormously in numerous tasks in professional life. The MSC/MiMM course optimally trained my analytical skills, and I learned to work carefully and systematically when it comes to the preparation of concepts/solutions for practical problems, which I regard as an absolute basis of successful professional development.
Management Trainee, Mars Schweiz AG
The MSC/MiMM Master’s programme is characterised by its versatility and a high degree of commitment on the part of the faculty members involved. I opted for the programme on account of its great practical relevance and its interesting theoretical structure. The three-semester application project with companies from the economy provides a valuable insight into practice, which is of great benefit for a career start.
Management Assistant Life, Axa-Winterthur; Member of the Party Executive of Switzerland’s Christian Democrats